And when this post is done, I still won’t have written a thing of value. I just wanted to put out in writing the things I want to write about. Perhaps then, I will begin to write again. I’ve just unbelievably busy doing extra work for which I’m not being compensated. It’s time-consuming but at least it’s not rewarding, as well.
Without any further ado and in no particular order, here is what I plan to write about:
1. The most epic of tire swings and the lackadaisical parenting of the seventies.
2. Inappropriate country music lyrics that I heard in carpool as a youth and why I am the person I am today.
3. The Uninvited and a mild crush on Ruth Hussey.
4. The Thin Man and how a rather average Dashiell Hammett novel gave us the greatest film couple ever, and my crush on Myrna Loy.
5. The three starlets from old Hollywood that I would attempt to date should I ever learn to time travel. Hell, if I could time travel then I could definitely manage to get a date with Ruth Hussey, Myrna Loy and the delightful Jean Arthur.
6. From Hammett to Chandler to MacDonald with a detour over to the world of John D. MacDonald. A different MacDonald than the other one.
7. A posting of some of my Mud Man photo series with the frightening possibility of nudes thrown in.
8. Reader’s choice. Just tell me what you want to appear in print. I’m dying from the lack of inspiration. Save me.
That’s what is on the plate. I would be glad to listen if anyone has some feedback on what you would like me to write about in the coming days.